Fraser Island Pics
Fraser Island, (or K’gari) is both incredibly unique and wildly beautiful. World heritage listed since 1992, it has many amazing features including:
- The title of the world’s largest sand island
- Half of the world’s perched lakes
- The world’s largest perched lake
- The giant king fern which at 8m in length, has reputedly the largest fronds of any fern on earth
- 1200 year old trees, greater than 4m across the trunk growing in sand
Now for the fun part! Whilst Fraser Island has some resort and hotel style accommodation, it is best experienced in a tent, with a 4WD and a fishing rod.
Check out my post on awesome things to do on Fraser Island with Kids for some inspiration for your next family getaway.
As promised, here are my Fraser Island Pics
Want To Learn About More Awesome Places?
For more blog posts, photographs and information on my travels with kids on Fraser Island, please check out this page: Fraser Island
For more information on ALL of my travels, please check out this page: My travel destinations
Sign up to my fortnightly newsletter here so you don’t miss out on the good stuff. I’m not spammy and I won’t share your email address with anyone. I promise!