CENTRAL AUSTRALIA with Kids
WOW ! The Red Centre is truly remarkable and you NEED to come and visit Central Australia at least once in your lifetime. Visiting Central Australia with kids is even more fun!
Most people come here to see Uluru however, Central Australia has so much more to offer. Visiting Central Australia is a chance to:
- Swim in outback waterholes
- Learn about the Aboriginal culture
- See some of Australia’s much loved icons as well as some lesser known ones
- Visit unforgettable national parks
- Go on some short or long hikes through spectacular landscapes
- Go on an epic road trips
- See the Central Australian night sky in all of its glory
I’ll be honest, camping is not my first choice of accommodation. I much prefer a cheap (ok…luxury) hotel. Unfortunately for me, my funds wouldn’t stretch that far this time. We made the very long 6,704 km return road trip from our home on the East Coast of Australia to the iconic Uluru in Central Australia in a 4WD Mitsubishi Triton, camping in our roof top tent along the way.
Don’t worry if you don’t like camping, there are plenty of other accommodation options out this way! You can also avoid the long drive by flying to Alice Springs or Yulara.
Information on visiting Central Australia with Kids
OUTBACK SWIMMING HOLES
HOW WE DID IT
OTHER AWESOME PLACES OF INTEREST
I haven’t made it to the Darwin end of the Northern Territory yet…..keep checking back!